- August 5, 1960, came high-kicking into the world.
- Displayed a passion for fashion at an early age.
- Dressed younger brother Jim in outlandish girls’ clothes replete with makeup.
- Older brother Randy got even by convincing me to eat earth worms.
- Did brief stint as a tomboy. Outgrew it by age 8 falling in love with ballet after dance lesson in Greenwich, Connecticut, studio overlooking lake with White Swans.
- Frequented NYC to see the best dancers in the world determined to be a professional Ballerina!
- Began classical ballet training full-time at age 12 in prestigious private dance school, the Atlantic Foundation for the Performing Arts under the tutelage of ballet master Ruth C. Petrinovic.
- Earned coveted blue leotard as Prima Ballerina and became best friends with the indomitable Cheryl (Sherri) Ale (modeling The NEW YORK).
- Six years of six days a week Ballet squeezing in fun with friends – oh, and got my high school GED at 15.
- Accepted to Cleveland Ballet, Metropolitan Opera Ballet Company, and Zurich Opera Ballet. Chose Zurich, Switzerland, for European adventure.
- By 18, Ballet, Ballet, Ballet with George Balanchine (AMAZING) and Rudolph Nureyev making and breaking new fashion rules along the way.
- Ten years later, sailed Caribbean dancing cruise ship performances produced by the legendary Jeanne Ann Ryan.
- Strode ashore taking a chance on Las Vegas.
- Became principal dancer in Lido de Paris stage show at the Stardust on the Strip.
- Resumed dressing in outlandish costumes and makeup. Brother Jim braved visits.
- Awoke one morning with realization you seldom see old professional dancers.
- Danced myself through UNLV biz school graduating Magna Cum Laude double majoring in Accounting and Finance.
- Bean-counting CPA-Auditor with two Big Five firms.
- Later played hand as Comptroller for George Maloof hotel casino operation.
- Moved to Florida 2001 spring pursuing third career and reconnecting with family Mom, Steve, Randy, Claudia, Jimmy, Cheryl, Sara and Ryan.
- Established terrific array of clients and peers as private Wealth Group Advisor.
- Chocolate Cocker Spaniel Coco and brindle Shitzu Chanel made fashion statement under 2006 Christmas tree and stole my heart.
- Best banking environment soon became absolute worst.
- Gathered myself, my material, called upon Mom’s renowned fashion sense to launch:
Mary Catherine Couture
A Company with Principals
Yours in Fashion and Friendship.
I am Mary Catherine Nutt, Ingénue, Fashionista.